The Handmaid's Tale (6)

 I never read or watched The Handmaid's tale before but I have been interested in it, so I have to say the graphic novel adaption I liked the art and the traditional watercolor. I also like the color choices they would use in the story like I know the women have set color and outfits for their role in the story's society but how it is used in the comic very much sets the mood or even when they do completely black backgrounds to make the characters and scenes really pop and call to the attention to the reader is very interesting. I found the flow to be appealing too like some pages are not all panels some are more illustrative or out of frame, I found to be really enamored with those pages. Besides the aesthetic appeal of the art, I found the story to be very disturbing like the setting of it, in this dystopian society where women are subjugated in a patriarchal society and are forcibly assigned into roles like the handmaids which are assigned to commanders so they can produce children, I absolutely hate the thought of living like that. Losing your freedom and if your "fertile" you are forced to be assigned to a commander to produce children and lose your human rights is terrifying, after reading the graphic novel it really makes me want to pick up the novel or even watch the show to see into the universe and see what was in the original that the graphic novel might not have been able to put in since I felt immersed in the graphic novel and how Offred lived in that society as a handmaid. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lackadaisy Cats (5)

One Bad Rat 1-4 (4)