The Killing Joke (2)

1) I love the Killing Joke, I have read it many years ago but I vividly remember I was initially shocked and amazed at how dark this story was for a Batman comic like yes Batman is more gritty and edgy when it comes to the story but how situations were pushed in the story were pretty intense as the part with Barbara and Commissioner Gordon was pretty graphic. I remember being initially shocked that Joker shot Babs and was the cause of her becoming paralyzed but even kidnapping Commissioner Gordon and psychologically torturing him was intense and shocking since I did not expect the comic to be pushed in such a dark direction but I honestly thought it was great since I do enjoy darker stories. 


2) I connect with "All it takes is one bad day." of course not to the extremes like Joker or Batman but I understand and feel certain days where extremes happen everything can be fine and in one instance it can immediately change. I've had days where one thing can completely change my mood for the whole day and really affect me. Like in the comic when Joker finds out his wife and unborn child are dead and he is just shocked and unable to move, I understand the loss and the feeling of it being so sudden you can't move it becomes too much that you literally can't do anything. 


3) I think adapting this into a novel would be interesting since it would be a chance to go more in-depth like a character study on Joker. I think making the novel exclusively in his perspective would be particularly interesting since in the comic he is an unreliable narrator it would be interesting to read him spiraling and kinda slowly make the reader realize he is going insane. 


4) Well for one I think that the story is dark for a superhero story but besides that, I think it was more of a character analysis like really exploring and seeing the comparison between Joker and Batman and that they are mirrors of each other. Both became who they are because of a tragedy but different outcomes. It is not the typical Batman saves the day end of the story it makes the reader sit and digest the content and see deeper into Batman's psychology. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Handmaid's Tale (6)

Lackadaisy Cats (5)

One Bad Rat 1-4 (4)